The teaching at IFSW is application-oriented and practice-oriented and is characterized by its interdisciplinarity in the fields of laser development and laser optics, process development and systems engineering.
Laser safety briefing
The experimental work with lasers, among other things for the execution of study and diploma theses, makes it necessary to point out hazard potentials in an annually obligatory safety instruction.
The safety briefing usually takes place three times a year. The dates will be announced in the lecture.
The lecture covers the following topics:
- The function of the laser
- The effect of laser beams on matter
- The effect of laser beams on biological tissue
- The laser (hazard) classes and limit values
- Other hazard possibilities
- Protection against damage by laser radiation
- Protective provisions
- Protective measures on laser devices and operating sites
- Organisational rules for the implementation of the protection rules
- Personal protective equipment
- Skin protection
- Guidelines for the institute